January 8, 2023
Hike starts at
arrive 15 min early
1798 Michael Ln, Pacific Palisades, CA 90272
Street parking in residential neighborhood.
What to bring:
- Water (2 liters minimum)
- Trail Snacks and some food to eat when we arrive at the summit
- Layered clothing, hat and sun protection. Rain Jacket? Please check weather prior to hike.
- Footwear – comfortable sturdy footwear. If you recently purchased new hiking boots and they are not broken in, please do not wear them for this hike. Your feet will thank you.
- Map and compass
- Any “emergency medications” you may need
- Hiking poles (if you have/use them)
- 10 Essentials – Don’t stress if you don’t have all of them, leaders will have you covered for this hike.
Trip Leader Contact: Elana Fruchtman (310) 714-7511 -or- Lucas Wiltjer (805) 901-0754
Temescal Peak is one of the highest points in the Santa Monica Mountains at 2,126 feet. Trailer Canyon to Temescal peak is a 7-mile round trip hike with 1,200 feet of elevation gain.
We will be hiking on a moderately maintained fire road.